There are many types of fences that a Laguna Niguel fencing service can build for you. There are a few things that you should consider when designing a fence with a local fencing company.
This guide will help you with finding the best local fencing company near you, determining what you need in a fence, and weighing the positives and negatives of common fencing types.
The following is a list of questions that you should ask local fencing contractors near you prior to hiring them for your fencing job. Also listed are the answers that you should expect from your fencing contractor.
Question 1: Are you licensed?
Question 2: Do you offer a warranty?
Question 3: Do you give free estimates?
Question 4: Are there positive customer reviews?
Question 5: Are you locally owned and operated?
Answer 1: All legitimate contractors in the state of California must be licensed in order to install fences. You should look for a licensed contractor who is insured, too.
Answer 2: You should choose a fencing company that is willing to stand behind the work they provide and the materials that are installed.
Answer 3: Free estimates are often provided by fencing companies. You will want to make sure that the quote is firm and that the company price won’t drastically change.
Answer 4: Customer reviews are easily available online. You should check to make sure the contractor has positive customer reviews because it will help predict the service you will receive.
Answer 5: It is always a good idea to look for locally owned businesses to help you complete projects like fencing installation because they are committed to serving their community.
There are many combinations of fencing styles and fencing materials. You will get a better understanding of what you need in a fence if you ask yourself the following questions.
- What will the fence be used for primarily?
- Will your fence be permanent or temporary?
- Are you looking for a fence for a residential or commercial property?
- How tall do you want your fence to be? Are you looking for a privacy fence?
- What kind of security level should the fence provide?
Once you determine the fence type that will meet your needs, you should look for a fencing company near you to complete the installation. What follows are the positives and negatives of different fence types. A fencing contractor in Laguna Niguel will be able to suggest one of these fences for you.
Using chain link fencing in Laguna Niguel has many benefits including:
- Inexpensive material cost
- Fast and easy installation
- Good for temporary fencing
- Made with rust-resistant galvanized metal
Laguna Niguel chain link fencing is not without a few negative characteristics. The following are just some of the downsides of choosing a chain link fence:
- The metal can be easily manipulated or lose its shape
- The metal is only rust-resistant, not rust-proof
- Not a great security fence unless barbed wire is added
Wood fencing has many styles and uses. Some reasons to choose wood fencing in Laguna Niguel include:
- Inexpensive material cost
- Paint or stain can be applied in a variety of colors
- There is a wide variety of styles to choose from (picket, lattice, horizontal plank, cap and trim, vertical plank, dog eared, board on board, round and split rail, and more)
Laguna Niguel wood fencing can have the following negative connotations:
- Strong fumes are present when paint and stain are applied
- Require routine maintenance
- Weathering and wet conditions can cause wood rot and deterioration
Laguna Niguel wrought iron fencing has the following positive attributes:
- Posts are not easily bent or broken
- Coated with rust-resistant finish
- Can add beautiful decor to an area
Laguna Niguel wrought iron fences have the following negative attributes:
- If the finish chips then the wrought iron may rust
- Higher cost than other fence types
- Heavy materials are not easy to install
Laguna Niguel vinyl fencing has the following positive attributes:
- Colored vinyl fencing doesn’t fade or need to be painted
- Made from eco-friendly plastic or PVC material
- Doesn’t deteriorate or rot when wet
- Many styles similar to wood fencing options to choose from (picket, lattice, plank, rail, and more)
Vinyl fencing in Laguna Niguel has a few negative attributes:
- Vinyl fencing costs more than other fences
- Not easy to repair
- High temperatures make the material brittle
If you don’t think that any of the above options will meet your needs then you should ask your Laguna Niguel fencing company about specialty fencing. Specialty fencing can be custom designed and built to fit your individual needs.
When you’re looking for a local fencing company in Laguna Niguel you should go with a fencing company that has no sales pressure, no hassles, and firm quotations. Valley Cities Fence always shows respect for you and your property by providing five-star fencing.
Valley Cities Fence has over 40 years of experience and is a locally owned business. They take pride in offering their customers quality projects, project management excellence, and unsurpassed fencing installations. This premier fencing company can help you with custom designs and installations, too.