Are you thinking about installing a new fence or repairing your existing one? Do you have a specialty project that needs custom fencing? Have you struggled to find a Montclair fencing contractor?
Worry no more. This guide will walk you throught the process of selecting a fencing contractor in Montclair, defining your fencing needs, and walking you through the different types of fence materials to choose from.
How to Select a Fencing Contractor in Montclair
One you have narrowed down a list of prospective contractors you should ask some specific questions to help you choose the top local fencing contractor in Montclair. What follows are questions along with the answers you should expect to hear.
Are you licensed?
One of the first things you should ask your potential fencing contractor is whether or not they have been licensed. You should also ask if they are insured. The answer must be yes; fencing contractors in California are required to hold a valid license in order to bid a project.
Do you offer a warranty?
Select a fencing company in Montclair that offers a warranty for their work and materials. Fencing companies that provide a warranty prove to you that they stand behind their work.
Are customer testimonials positive?
Review customer testimonials and pictures that are posted online. Look to see if the customers are happy with the final results of the fencing service provided. Make sure you like the look of the work in the pictures, too.
Are you locally owned?
When you choose a locally owned company you are more likely to get a higher quality of service. Local fencing contractors take pride in serving their community and they know the materials and designs that work well in the area.
Plan to work with your selected fencing company to figure out and define what your fencing needs really are.
What Type of Fencing Needs Do You Have
There are so many material types and fencing styles that you may need help to narrow down which combination will meet your needs. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I need permanent fencing or is my need temporary?
- Will the fence be used for a commercial or residential project?
- How much privacy do I need the fence to give?
- What size does my fence need to be?
- How many access gates do I need?
- What will the fence be used for?
You should weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the different fencing materials now that you have answered questions about your fencing needs.
Vinyl Fencing Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages of vinyl fencing in Montclair are:
- Colored vinyl fencing doesn’t need to be painted or stained
- Wide variety of styles to choose from similar to wood fencing styles
- The vinyl material is rust-proof and will not weather or rot
The disadvantages of Montclair vinyl fencing are:
- Higher materials than wood and chain link fence choices
- Repair can be difficult if the vinyl fence gets damaged
- Installation is sometimes time consuming
Wrought Iron Fencing Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages of wrought iron Montclair fencing are:
- Iron rods are very strong and durable
- Elegant and beautiful designs can be made in the fence
- The iron has a finish that is rust-resistant
The disadvantages of wrought iron Montclair fences are:
- Materials are expensive when compared to other fencing materials
- Installation can be time consuming
- Chips and damage to the finish can cause rust and require repair
Wood Fencing Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages of wood fencing in Montclair include:
- Relatively inexpensive
- Can provide a high level of privacy
- Can be stained painted in different colors
- Installation can be done quickly
- Many styles to choose from
The disadvantages of Montclair wood fencing include:
- Weathering of the wood happens over time
- Wood will rot in wet conditions
- Frequent maintenance is needed to restain or repaint
Chain Link Fencing Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages of chain link fencing in Montclair include:
- Low-cost materials
- The metals is rust-resistant
- Fast and easy installation
Disadvantages of Montclair chain link fencing include:
- Can be bent or misshapen easily
- Not rust-proof, only rust resistant
- Doesn’t provide privacy
There are other options if the fencing that you need isn’t a traditional fence. Your fencing contractor in Montclair could suggest custom designing and building a specialty fence.
Specialty fencing may also utilize some of the following extra materials:
- Barbed wire and razor ribbon
- Sound barriers
- PVC slats
- Motorized gate system
- Electronic locking mechanism
There are endless possibilities of specialty fencing. Custom-built fencing can be designed, built, and installed for:
- Kennels for dog rescues
- High-security fences like at a junkyard or airport
- Livestock confinement fencing or round pens
The price for a specialty fence will vary based on materials used, the difficulty of installation, length of installation time, specialty permit requirements, and other factors.
Why Choose Montclair’s Valley Cities Fence
If you want a truly five-star fencing service, make sure that you choose a company that doesn’t pressure or hassle you for your business and has firm quotes. Valley Cities Fence in Montclair is the gold standard when it comes to fencing companies. They are locally owned and have been in business for over 40 years.
Valley Cities Fence is proud to be your primere local fencing company. They always show respect for you and your property. Each project they do includes project management excellence, high-quality materials and products, and unsurpassed fencing installation. They offer custom-designed fences, too. Look no further a the top of the line fencing contractor near you.